Please join us in welcoming Florida-based composer Fred De Sena to the PARMA community!
We’ll soon be recording roughly half an hour of duos and trios by De Sena and releasing these in combination with a selection of his electronic/electroacoustic works for a full program of his music.
The finished CD will include the following pieces:
- “Deceptive Clarity” for flute and guitar
- “Art Market” for fixed media
- “Eyes of Resurrection” for violin and harp
- “Pulsonic Turn” for violin, clarinet and piano
- “The Wind From the Fire” for guitar, mandolin and electronic sound
- “Anima Mea” for flute and alto saxophone
- “Spalding’s Bounce” for tenor saxophone, cello and piano
- “Lasting Virtue” for flute and viola
Fred served as Director of the Electronic Music Studio at the University of Miami and now teaches composition and electronic music at the New World School of the Arts, also in Miami.
He is a former student of PARMA Artist Dennis Kam (whose “String Quartet No. 1” we recorded just last weekend), and the two keep in regular contact.
Fred’s music was also recently featured on the SCIrelease: ONYX. Check out his composition “Logic and Retoric” from this release below, along with a collection of other recordings on his SoundCloud page: www.soundcloud.com/fred-desena, and stay tuned for news about the upcoming full album: