PARMA Recordings is pleased to release the 2012 PARMA Anthology of Music, featuring 10 works for small ensemble by contemporary composers.
The free download on the PARMA Recordings website provides viewable scores of the works as well as downloadable scores and parts in order for ensembles to easily access, rehearse, and perform the works.
In addition to the scores and parts, the 2012 PARMA Anthology of Music web-app includes a “Search By Instrument” feature, composer biographies, liner notes, publisher and performance information, and more.
These ten original pieces represent new music by up and coming composers, selected for their professionalism, innovation, programmability, and performability. The works offer a variety of choices in instrumentation and aesthetics, and are representative of the melding of genre in today’s musical landscape.
The 2012 PARMA Recordings Anthology of Music features the following composers and works:
- Ron Amchin | Bells of The Angelus for solo piano
- Emily Cooley | Etched for string quartet
- Quinn Dizon | Awakening for piano quartet
- William Dougherty | Altar Ego for violin, cello, and piano
- Brendan Faegre | The Circular Ruins for piano trio
- Ted Goldman | Scrudge for piano trio
- Emily Koh | [circum]-perceptio for clarinet, violin, cello, marimba, and piano
- Pablo Labián Camino | Free Movement for clarinet, alto saxophone, violin, contrabass, and piano
- Joel Love | Synchronicity in Purple Minor for violin and viola
- Matthew Ricketts | Suggestum for string quartet
Press, Media & Performance Inquiries: